Thursday 9 October 2008

To Laugh or Not to Laugh...


I was thinking about it the other day, and I like the way comedy is going. My favourites are The Office, The Mighty Boosh and Flight of the Conchords. Comedies that really push boundaries and challenge the audinence's ability to see humour in controversial situations excite me. The abstract approach of Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt has definatley sparked a new style, I have heard countless impressions of 'Old Gregg' in America, much to my surprise. The recent publication of 'The Mighty Book of Boosh' looks to be interesting, the art is very original, as are the costumes featured in the show.

It must be said that there are some comedies that I cannot stand...The Catherine Tate Show and The Kevin Bishop Show are painful to watch. Sketch shows like these are often difficult to pull off, Trigger Happy TV being one of the most successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment