Thursday 30 October 2008

Just a Game


It's my last year of playing soccer in the US and I'm sure I'm going to miss it. My last official game will take place next week, I hope to continue to play, but I know for a while I'll miss the highly competitive environment I have become so accustomed to. In a game against our local rivals a few weeks ago, 2 goals in a 4-0 victory had me high in the sky! There a few feelings quite like being 'in the zone' during a game.

I love seeing passionate and enthusiastic players and always try to be one myself. I hope to take my competitive attitude and use it in the career I choose. They say it's just a game but I do think it has been more than that for me, playing football has allowed me to escape and express myself in ways other activities won't allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment