Thursday 30 October 2008

It's all in the Details


I believe that I pay particular attention to detail, I can almost always tell when someone I know has had their hair cut, changed or even slightly trimmed. What can I say?...it's a gift! I am also really fussy when it comes to spelling, punctuation and grammer.....;)

I am the same with logos too, it's strange but the other day we drove past Best Buy and I couldn't help but think they were in desperate need of a logo change...to my surprise the next day I heard they had a new image! Pepsi have also decided to make a slight adjustment to their logo, had I not read about these changes I am sure I would have identified them pretty quickly. I like to notice slight differences and evaluate their impact.

Best Buy's new look will work well for them I feel, a more modern approach and the inclusion of the iconic tag will ensure its success in the marketplace.

1 comment:

  1. Ok I had to show you the Pepsi rebranding because it's one of the worst rebrandings I have ever seen...
    http://data.tumblr.com/eccyDRiHWfkysxoztNQwdtKzo1_500.jpg

    What were they thinking?! First thing the bottle is shaped like a penis... And the logo just makes me feel comfortable, it hurts my eyes and doesn't make me feel good.
    I don't know what Pepsi were thinking, but it looks like they were jumping on the whole simpler packaging = healthier drink bandwagon. Well they got on the wrong bandwagon (visually), at least they have Tesco Value Cola and Panda Pops to keep them company.

    As for MTN, doesn't work. Surely a grammer queen like yourself agrees?

    Now this is how you sell a drink - http://tapdny.com/

    ReplyDelete