Saturday 13 September 2008

Let's watch a mooooooovie....


















I tend to watch quite a few movies over the summer and this one was no exception. I am a big film fan but have a tendency to fall asleep halfway through....mainly because I start watching them @ around 1am....must change that habit! Some notable ones I have seen recently include:

Wall E- A great job by Pixar, I was truly captured by the story and really liked the soundtrack.
The Dark Knight - The best of the Batman films so far, Heath Ledger was amazing as the Joker and deserves all the recognition he receives.
Pineapple Express - Just a funny film...if you like that sort of thing.
No Country For Old Men - Fantastic visuals and suspense, a great piece of cinema.
In Bruges - Not usually a huge Colin Ferrell fan but this film impressed me.

But by far my favourite film of the summer is somewhat of a 'hidden gem', a documentary called The King of Kong. It follows the lives of two hardcore gamers, Billy Mitchell and Steve Wiebe as they battle to hold the high score in the classic arcade game Donkey Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment