Saturday 13 September 2008

FFC


Fried Fish Curry? Funny Folks Centre?....Football Fans Census....This is where I interned during the summer, @ their office in Central London. It's a football research company and I was lucky enough to get some experience in sales and marketing there from May-July. I really enjoyed my time at FFC, it solidified my interest in marketing and advertising. I was not as keen on the sales aspects of the job, but lessons learned will no doubt aid me.

I worked from 10am-6pm...sounds appealing? It wasn't ideal for me! The fact that most shops on Oxford St open @ 9am ensured I spent far too much money on clothes before work had even started! The internship was unpaid too which didn't help my situation! But I truly enjoyed the hustle and bustle of fast paced city life, I travelled in from just north of London so my days were a bit longer than usual. The journey to and from work usually amused me, I love awkward situations, there's almost no better place for them than on the tube. Discrete stares, sweaty commuters and crazy drunks pretty much sums up an everyday underground trip.

When I began blogging I was very much confused with my future, this position gave me some sense of direction of where I want to be next year once I am a college graduate. I am currently considering pursuing a postgraduate degree in Marketing but am also going to apply to some graduate schemes at organizations that interest me. I had two interviews for positions over the summer and was offered both which was a great feeling, it gave me confidence in my abilities. I have yet to face a great deal of rejection in my life but imagine that once I start applying for more jobs rejection is inevitable. I am looking forward to facing such challenges and beginning a new chapter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment