Monday 2 March 2009

Jay-Oh-Bees

Since graduating I have managed to obtain some good internships at a number of PR agencies in London. In January I worked at Ketchum, before moving on to Shine Communications and Cow PR in February. It's been great to get a feel for the way different agencies work, how they operate on a daily basis. Organisational culture has always interested in me, and I have been able to experience some diverse cultures over the past two months.

Interning for 2 week and one month periods is something I would recommend, not that I am shy or reserved in any way, but it can be a great help for graduates to come out of their shells and get a real feel for the working environment.

PR has really captured me, I think that in a recession it can be daunting but exciting to work in the creative industries. This is the the time to be noticed, to do something different, and to make an impression. I am hoping to continue to gain some valuable experience and further my knowledge of the business world outside of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment