Saturday 17 January 2009

Landan



I'm currently in London, job hunting and interning. I do miss Florida already but will return in April for a few weeks, which will be nice. I like London, and am hoping to move in somewhere at the end of the summer.

I got so used to everyone being so friendly in America, I was after all at a small college with a real personal feel to it. But the city life can be a harsh and lonely one at times, with commuters and others so focused on their destinations, it would be nice for people to just slow down a little, making things more calm and friendly.

I found this quote:

"Don't count every hour in the day, make every hour in the day count."

And of all these commuters I see in the mornings and evenings, I imagine so many of them are counting down every hour from 9-5, just waiting to go home. I know that I want to enjoy my time at work, doing something I can enjoy and appreciate. I want to make the hours count.

No comments:

Post a Comment