Sunday 18 October 2009

One Hop This Time...


I recently moved to east London and now walk to and from work everyday. One thing I'll miss from my usual train journey is the 'businesspeople watching', please don't confuse this with 'people watching'...it's completely different.

There's something strangely pleasing about watching men and women in power suits, looking at Excel documents on their laptops and playing Tetris on their Blackberries, all the while wondering what it is they really do and creating a complex character you believe them to be in your mind.

My fondest memory is of a particularly well-dressed gentleman on the train at 7.30am, surely heading into London for an important 9am meeting. Looking fully focused with his iPod on, I wondered what kind of song could prepare him for this momentous day...and then he turned the volume up - to a level that could only be described as obnoxious and none other than DJ Casper's Cha Cha Slide blared out from his earphones.

I hadn't had him down for a DJ Casper fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment