Saturday 11 April 2009

The Lost Art of The Letter

I've been back in England for a while now, although many of my friends are still in the USA waist deep in projects, finals and pop quizzes. While I was away I loved receiving post, a letter from home, a card or anything with handwriting on it somehow had the ability to give you a great boost.

So I decided to write letters to a couple of my friends across the pond, I think they appreciated it, it says a bit more than a Facebook wall post or a MySpace comment. I was shocked to discover how strange it felt to compose a letter without the use of a computer, my handwriting is quite original and notoriously difficult to read so I made a conscious effort to make it as legible as possible.

I'm wondering how long it will be until I receive my next handwritten letter, they are becoming increaslingly obsolete and therefore precious, their power must not be overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment